It is currently early autumn of the year 562. These are the rumors that have recently been heard at the Fool and Flagon. A set of free rumors will be posted each season, along with any rumors that have been discovered by parties of adventurers in the field.
Free rumors this season Edit
Recently discovered rumors Edit
A group of adventurers came across an abandoned fort at the edge of the forest. Locals call it the Maledict Keep. Only the ground floor has been explored. (Late Spring 562)
- The villagers at Enryn's Crossing have put together a militia to keep the orcs at bay. (Late Spring 562)
- Walking skeletons have been capturing travelers alive and dragging them off in the direction of the Mergner Barrows. Nobody knows what happens to the captives after that. (Late Spring 562)
- A giant, kobold-devouring spider was seen in the caverns connected to the House of the Three Squires. The caverns also contain a crevasse leading down into the deeper earth. (Early Spring 562)
Old rumors Edit
Spring 562 Edit
The villagers of Skogenby are desperate for help. A string of mysterious murders have occurred in which the victims appeared to have been scared to death. Entire households were slain at once, and nobody ever saw the killer. Many believe these attacks to be connected to the uncovering of a nearby tomb by some local youths.
- Roaming parties of orcs have been spotted out in the plains, some are said to be riding wolves the size of horses.
- It's said that there's great treasure buried under the earth in the Mergner Barrows somewhere out in the plains. Nobody knows for sure though; no one has ever returned from an expedition to the barrows. It may be best to steer clear.
A traveler from Estend arrived in Farhaven today. He says that he stopped at the House of the Three Squires on his route to down and found the inn deserted and showing signs of a struggle. He did not investigate further.
Summer 562 Edit
The villagers of Skogenby are still desperate for help. Lady Gry sent some soldiers to keep order in the village, but they were little help in stopping the murders. Refugees believe an ancient curse was awakened when a nearby tomb was uncovered. The attacks seem to have paused recently, but who knows for how long.
- Those who drown in the Mistfen do not rest in peace.